Inspection Technical Wing
|Department Directory | Office: Phone: 0471-2462828 | Fax: 0471-2462808|
The Finance (Inspection Wing - Technical) Department was formed on the recommendations of Central Public Accounts Committee. Technical officers will be recruited only on deputation basis from organizations executing public works/construction activities,following rules, guidelines and cadre hierarchy similar to Government of Kerala/CPWD and is headed by the Chief Technical Examiner.
- Giving technical advice to Finance Department before issue of administrative Sanctions, Revised Administrative Sanctions, Technical sanctions, Revised Technical Sanctions, Acceptance of tenders and other technical matters coming under the purview of Government of Kerala.
- Conducting regular inspections of the quality and quantity of all public works under Government of Kerala.
- Inspection of all Projects / Works on all stages i.e. from initial stage of conception of Projects / Works till its completion.
- Surprise check of public works.
- Inspection of Government stores / Government property.
- Conducting inquiry on complaints.
| The following departments, undertakings and institutions are covered by this Wing|
- All State Government Departments.
- Local Self Government Departments.
- Autonomous / Statutory bodies of Government of Kerala.
- Co-operative Institutions.
- Public works of Government enlisted agencies.
| In addition to above, any other cases referred by Finance Department for advice / remarks / report on technical matters will be furnished by this Wing.|
| Government Orders|